Weight Loss Testing Package
Hormones + Genomics + Nutrition Coaching
We have put together a comprehensive testing and nutrition coaching package that will help us help you identify crucial biomarker imbalances that can affect your ability to lose weight.
Hormones are key players in regulating weight, metabolism, blood sugar, insulin and when and where the body stores fat. As we age, shifting hormones trigger numerous symptoms of imbalance – including unexplained weight gain.
This testing allows us to identify specific hormone imbalances associated with excess weight gain, vitamin D deficiency and hypothyroidism. The following biomarkers are included in this testing:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
- Vitamin D
- Fasting Insulin
- Hemoglogin A1c
- Free T3
- Free T4
*This test is a combination of saliva and blood spot testing.
There are specific genes tied to weight management and without knowing if you have alterations in these genes, it is very difficult to identify the best nutrition plan for you. Our Health and Wellness Genomics testing contains 45 of the most applicable genetic markers that includes information about the following:
- Micronutrient deficiencies (Vitamin A, B12, C, D, E, Folate, Iron and Calcium)
- Caffeine (fast or slow metabolizer which can impact health)
- Whole grains and Type 2 Diabetes association
- Sodium and the predisposition to heart disease and hypertension
- Omega-3 fat and the quantity necessary to improve health and performance
- Saturated fat and body composition association
- Energy balance and its association with resting metabolic rate
- Physical activity (endurance, power/strength)
- Protein, total fat, saturated and unsaturated fat associated with body weight and body composition goals
Food Intolerance Risks
- Fat taste perception
- Sugar and starch preference
- Tendency to eat between meals
Fitness and Physical Activity
- Exercise motivation and behavior
- Power, strength, and endurance based genetic advantages to certain types of exercise and sport
- Pain tolerance
- Achilles tendon injury risk
*This is a saliva collection test.
Of course, without interpretation of your test results, none of this would make sense so we include a 1-hour nutrition coaching session with your eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian. Let us take the guesswork out of all of this testing and bring it to life by forming an easy to follow plan for you!
Instructions for ordering this testing package
1. Choose your eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian in the drop down box below and submit payment.
2. Your Sport Dietitian will contact you via email to confirm your address and we will mail all of the testing collection kits to you.
3. Once you receive the collection kits, you will collect your sample and mail it to the appropriate labs for testing (pre-paid envelopes are included).
4. Your Sport Dietitian will email you when he/she receives your results and will schedule your one-hour nutrition coaching session to review the test results and help you with a nutrition plan that will help support your health and exercise performance related goals.