We care about your needs. If you have questions regarding which of our services to choose, please feel free to email or call us. We would be happy to spend a few minutes helping you to determine which nutrition and/or testing package would be ideal for your health and performance goals.
24-hour cancellation policy: we politely request athletes contact their eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian at least 24 hours in advance to cancel appointments. If appointments are cancelled less than 24 hours beforehand, the scheduled consultation will be billed.
Sweat Sodium Concentration Testing
One of the greatest mysteries for any athlete is the quantity of sodium and fluid they should consume each hour during training and competition. Are you consuming too much? Too little? Let the eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian Team help solve this mystery for you! With a simple sweat sodium concentration test combined with individual sweat rate testing, our Sport Dietitians will accurately measure your normal sweat sodium concentration and provide a customized sodium and hydration plan for you to use during training and competition. The best part is that this test does not require you to exercise. Plan for a 45 minute appointment at any time of the day and don't worry about bringing exercise clothes!
Your appointment will include a 45 minute meeting with an eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian, sweat sodium concentration testing, and a full interpretation and hourly sodium and fluid recommendations. You will need to do a few things for us before your scheduled meeting, specifically, collecting your sweat rate data (see below in Test Preparation for instructions).
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TEST
- This is a non-exercise test.
- The purpose of this test is to determine the concentration of sodium in your sweat. This tells us how “salty” your sweat is.
- To collect the sweat sample, we use your inner forearm to activate the sweat glands via a light electrical current and a non-toxic chemical gel. A medical grade analyzer will measure your sweat sodium concentration.
- Try to avoid exercise in the 2 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Arrive at your appointment adequately hydrated.
- There is no need to fast for this appointment.
- If you have a large amount of hair on your inner forearms, we may ask to shave a portion of your inner forearm for the application of the equipment.
- If you have current sweat rate data to indicate your typical fluid losses, please bring your information to the appointment. Click HERE for the instructions on how to do your own sweat rate testing.
Steps to schedule your sweat sodium concentration test
2. Purchase your sweat sodium concentration test below.
3. Conduct your sweat rate testing before and after a training session. See instructions HERE.
4. Email your sweat rate testing data prior to your scheduled appointment.
5. Visit your eNRG Performance Sport Dietitian for testing!