Metabolic Efficiency Testing Information
- Metabolic Efficiency testing should be done in a well-rested physical state. The following criteria must be adhered to prior to a test in order to determine accurate physiological values:
- No exercise the day of the test
- No exercise the day prior to the test if possible. If not possible, light aerobic exercise is preferred as early in the day as possible.
- No eating or drinking anything with calories or caffeine (including gum, mints, herbal supplements, decaf coffee, tea) for 12 hours before the test. This is absolutely mandatory. Water is allowed the morning of the test.
Items to bring:
- Appropriate clothing for your bike, run, or walking test.
- Bike and shoes if you are doing your test on your bike. Any type of bike can be used as long as it does not have a through axle.
- Your personal heart rate monitor if you have one. If you do not have one, we can supply one for testing.
- Water bottle and post-workout beverage and/or food.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled test.
- Your appointment will be scheduled for 2 hours and will include resting measurements, the exercise test and interpretation time afterwards.
- A light interpretation will be done immediately following the test. The eNRG Sport Dietitian requires time to analyze the data from the assessment thus the final interpretation will be delivered via email if time does not permit following the session.
Payment is due prior to or on the day of the test via check, cash or credit card.