- Make cilantro lime rice. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef and drain excess fat. Add onion, water, spices and black beans, simmer on low for 5 min.
- Wash and cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds and fleshy white pieces. Place in a casserole dish.
- Assemble peppers with rice (less than half full), top off with ground beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 min.
- Top with avocado and sour cream if desired.
- 5 large bell peppers
- 1 C cooked cilantro lime rice (cook white or brown rice according to packaged directions adding 1/2 tsp lime juice and 1/2 tsp dried cilantro)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 2/3 C water
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 12 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)