These metabolically efficient pancakes are super moist and delicious. Freeze extras for a quick and easy meal or snack.
Chocolate Cherry Pancakes
- Combine frozen cherries, bananas and eggs in blender. Blend until smooth and airy.
- Pour puree mix into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed, adding additional almond milk if needed to make pancake consistency batter.
- Cook pancakes over medium/low heat on griddle. Flipping once bubbles rise to the surface and edge start to look dry.
- This makes a lot of pancakes. Leftovers can be frozen and then thawed for quick meals and snacks.
- 1 1/2 C frozen cherries
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 3 C pancake mix (we used Kodiak Cakes gluten free flapjack and waffle mix)
- 75 g vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 C dark chocolate chips