This cauliflower mixture makes a tasty substitute for pizza crust or toast and it's metabolically efficient as well gluten-free. Make a satisfying pizza by adding your favorite topping.
We also love to make toast with this recipe which you can top with avocado and fried egg or make a grilled sandwich with deli meat and cheese.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust or Toast
- Wash cauliflower, remove stock and cut into smaller pieces
- Process cauliflower in food processor or blender until it is a rice consistency
- Microwave riced cauliflower for 6 - 8 minutes and then let cool
- Placing partial amounts of cauliflower in a tea towel, squeeze excess water out and then place in separate bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Add egg and cheese to the drained cauliflower and mix well.
- On parchment paper, shape and flatten mixture either into one pizza crust or 4 pieces of ‘bread’.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and add your toppings and then return to over to bake another 8 - 10 min.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C cheese, shredded (cheddar or mozzarella work well)
- 1/4 parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced